Posted on 30 June 2015 | 1 Comment
http://media.blubrry.com/packetpushers/p/content.blubrry.com/packetpushers/Network_Break_42.mp3 Podcast: Download (Duration: 34:56 — 24.2MB) Subscribe: iTunes | Android | RSS Take a Network Break! Grab a coffee, a doughnut and then join us for an analysis of the latest IT news, vendor moves and new product announcements. We’ll separate the signal from the noise–or at least make some noise of our own. […]
Posted on 27 June 2015 | Leave a Comment
Today on the show: unicorns watching your every move, reducing your electricity consumption, bikes, E3 bombshells, tiny robotic lassos and more. So buckle into your Aluminum Falcon and prepare to jump to hyper-speed as we dive into this week’s edition of Citizens of Tech!
Posted on 26 June 2015 | Leave a Comment
Converged infrastructure integrates discrete components, such as compute and storage, along with orchestration software, into a package that’s simple to deploy and certified to interoperate. Join Chris Wahl, Ethan Banks, and special guest Stu Miniman as they drill into the origins and benefits of converged infrastructure, how it differentiates from hyperconverged systems, and how the convergence trend will affect IT roles.
Posted on 26 June 2015 | Leave a Comment
The Packet Pushers discuss network virtualization, automation, and scaling up data centers with our sponsor, Juniper Networks. Our guests are Parantap Lahiri, Sr. Director, Solutions Engineering and Damien Garros, Technical Marketing Engineer at Juniper Networks.
Posted on 22 June 2015 | Leave a Comment
Take a Network Break! Grab a coffee, a doughnut and then join us for an analysis of the latest IT news, vendor moves and new product announcements. We’ll separate the signal from the noise–or at least make some noise of our own.
- Citizens of Tech 008 – Solar Powered Dragonfly Modems
- Show 242 – Where Have All The Good Staff Gone ?
- PQ Show 52 – Using Ostinato To Craft Your Own Packets
- Show 241 – Smart Labs on Public Cloud with Ravello – Sponsored
- Network Break 40
- Citizens of Tech 007 – Liquid Photon Kerbal Computing
- Datanauts 001 – Hyper Convergence with Scott D. Lowe
- Show 240 – Software Defined WAN – Night of Nerdery – Live From New York – Sponsored
- PQ Show 51 – LightCyber Magna Active Breach Detection – Sponsored
- Citizens of Tech 006 – Saga of Lucimia Special, Part 2
Community Blog Posts
Microsoft has a lot of cash laying around—like, $95 billion. Apparently all that money is burning holes in the pockets of industry watchers who want Microsoft to spend some of it. This week a blog on KitGuru cited an … read more.
A couple of ridiculous tech stories caught my eye this week, so I thought I’d offer some perspective and commentary. Two Cars Didn’t Crash: Why Is This News? Reuters reported a near collision between two self-driving … read more.
I recently completed a design and lab scenario that uses Cisco DMVPN as a backup to a primary MPLS WAN (I’m still planning the implementation). This design, combined with the requirements for multiple (more than two) … read more.
I've recently been running down (or is it through) the Linux, systemd, networkd, udevd rabbit hole at full pelt and thought perhaps now was a good time to come up for some air and share what I've learned. I could (and … read more.
Silver Peak gets into the SD-WAN market with its recently announced Unity EdgeConnect, a new product line that aims to make it easier to provision, manage, and monitor WAN connectivity for remote and branch … read more.
In 2014, Arista was telling me that SDN was "Still Don't kNow" and "Still Does Nothing". In June 2015, Arista releases its CloudVision™ SDN controller for cloud networks. So Why Now ? Arista was reluctant to engage … read more.
Menlo Security takes a clever swipe at the vexing problem of endpoint protection. The startup aims to neutralize malware that rides in on Web and email traffic by inserting a cloud-based proxy, in the form of an LXC … read more.
As we come close to ending this rather long running series on how the Internet really works (because I'm certain you're about bored of this series, and ready for me to talk about something else!), I'd like to discuss … read more.
More Community Blog Posts
- Campus LAN Design – A Different Approach
- Leveraging SD-WAN for Skype for Business Enterprise Voice
- Top Tech CEOs Make 190 Times As Much As You
- Network Documentation Series: Logical Diagram
- Managed Power Supplies And How To Automate Your Branch Network
- Re-New. Again
- Why It’s So Hard To Find Intruders After A Network Penetration
- Pushing For The Next Level
- Network Documentation Series: Physical Diagram
- Network Documentation Series: Preamble