AHEAD, LLC, Chicago’s top data center and virtualization consulting firm, is actively seeking engineers with 1 to 5 years of experience in data center technologies to join our team as one of our Ahead Certified Infrastructure Professionals (ACIP). This full-time position provides unlimited opportunities for career growth and professional development. We are looking for talented, self-motivated engineers who are passionate about emerging technologies and excited about the opportunity to work for an industry-leading organization.
Through our Professional Development Program, our ACIP Engineers develop both technical and soft skills. They are cross-trained in multiple key data center functions, while also developing the essential consultative skills needed in a client-facing role.
- Assist in the implementation and management of customer’s IT infrastructure
- Effectively work with engineers, architects, and project managers on internal and external technical projects
- Continually improve technical skill sets through professional development opportunities including: workshops, training in AHEAD’s hybrid cloud demo lab, mentor shadowing, and on-the-job experience
- Create technical and operational documentation such as: run books, build guides, and change controls
- Understand, endorse, and follow AHEAD’s methodologies and service offerings
Skills / Qualifications
- 1-5 years working in at least one area of a corporate data center environment (virtual engineering, storage, backup, networking, application packaging, or VEUC)
- Experience troubleshooting technical issues
- Familiarity documenting technical environments
- Extremely self-motivated and focused individual
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Elizabeth Baumruck- ACIP Program Manager