Guest post by Meghan Reilly, General Manager, Interop ITX
SPECIAL NOTE: Interop ITX is offering the Packet Pushers community a 20% discount on any pass for the 2017 Las Vegas show. Register today with the Promo Code: PACKETPUSHERS to receive the discount.
With the New Year here, it’s time to think about your own professional development and where to put your resources. I’m excited to share some of the things we’re planning for Interop ITX this coming May. Having joined Interop ITX and this community just a few short months ago, I’ve been amazed by the enthusiasm and passion of those whom are helping to build the event. From our staff, Review Board and speakers to our sponsors and exhibitors, all are working hard to make sure we have 5 days chock-full of content, networking, product demos, and inspiration!
Here are my top 5:
- Our Review Board. New this year, we’ve assembled a group of people comprised of attendees, speakers, industry experts (including Packet Pushers’ own Ethan Banks and Greg Ferro!) and the InformationWeek, Network Computing and Dark Reading editorial teams — allowing for a diversity of experiences and perspectives to shape our program. They’ve been an engaged group of contributors that have made our program stronger with a mix of hands-on, panel and speaker-led sessions. By the time we open our doors in May, we’ll have 130+ sessions for you to choose from.
- Leadership & Professional Development Track. This track focuses on how you can stay competitive in your own career as well as lead your teams to succeed. Talent recruitment and management are among the top things we’ve heard as pain points from our attendees. The program we’re building will arm you to tackle what’s needed to lead and staff a modern IT organization. We’ll also be hosting a two-day Leadership Summit run by our InformationWeek editors. In this program, CIOs will share their insights and advice about using technology to create business value and help their companies compete in the digital era.
- Our Business Hall. Offering a mix of leading and emerging technology vendors, you’ll be able to test technologies, meet new and existing vendors, and hear content in our ITX Theater. Plus, new this year, our Business Hall will be home to our Interop ITX Block Party on Tuesday, May 16th. What better way to celebrate our community than with a Block Party? Like any Block Party, there will be plenty of games, food, drink and friends.
- New venue. We’ve moved to the MGM this year and it’s perfectly suited for our event. The new space has inspired us to think of new ways to ensure the layout optimizes for learning and connections. Plus, with a room rate of $109 we can have our whole community under one roof!
- And, last, but certainly not least! We’re delighted to have Ethan and Greg back with us in 2017 to offer their 2-Day Future of Networking Summit.
Make sure to check out all of our sessions to build a schedule perfectly suited for you. We hope you will join us in May along with 3,000+ technologists that are passionate about making IT organizations run well!