IT leaders from multiple industry sectors will take the stage at ONUG Fall on October 24-25 to share their vision of how to navigate and exploit the new IT and business cycles that the economy has entered to deliver business value. ONUG has always believed that IT and especially networking will be redefined by IT leaders and this fall, for the first time, a blueprint for the future of an open software-defined IT industry will be defined directly by IT executives on the front lines of the open infrastructure transformation. IT executives will expand on the concept that the world economy is moving from an internet economy toward a digital economy that promises to offer great opportunities for those who embrace it and massive disruption for those who ignore it.
Integral to this discussion is the impact these changes will have on the future roles of IT operational teams, executives and enterprise IT organizations. As IT skill sets and talent transformation needs to precede technology transformation, ONUG will facilitate discussions around changing skill sets and organizational design. It’s clear that the model of IT staff being organized around silos of compute, storage, network, and security, to name a few, is at the end of its useful lifecycle. IT executives are focused on organizing IT around DevOps and full stack-engineering skills.
Three Main Themes:
1. Cloudification across public and private infrastructure is fundamental to compete in the digitally transformed economy.
2. ONUG Community to use its influence and buying power to create an analytics and monitoring 2.0 $1B market to enable faster solution integration and agility.
3. IT silo organizational design, skillsets and culture have run their course. Silos are on their last legs!
ONUG Mission: To enable greater choice for IT business leaders by advocating open interoperable hardware and software-defined infrastructure solutions spanning the entire IT stack in the effort to create business value.
ONUG is a collaborative community of influential thought leaders.
- Exchanges best practices and challenges in adoption/evaluation of cloud based open software-defined infrastructure for the large enterprise as they digitally transform.
- Explore and engage IT executive management in the most effective way to design IT organizational structure, identify skill set requirements and culture needed to exploit the cloud infrastructure technology cycle
And don’t miss your 30% discount! Just use the code PP30 when you register.
Location & Dates:
125 West 18th Street New York, NY 10011
October 24 & 25