Location: Dublin, Ireland or Seattle, Washington, USA
Amazon.com is looking for best-in-class Network Support Engineers and Senior Network Support Engineers based in Dublin, Ireland or Seattle, WA to help manage and operate one of the world’s largest and complex networks. With Amazon Web Services (http://aws.amazon.com), our goal is to become “The Infrastructure Platform” to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. As we expand at a tremendous rate, it is our responsibility to maintain that quality and reliability. We look for innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand, while driving complex issues to resolution.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams and work with some of the brightest engineers around, while developing your skills and furthering your career in an innovative fast-paced environment.
As a Network Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
- Perform on-call duties and respond to problems efficiently and effectively to support and maintain our network
- Troubleshoot complex problems consistently and develop innovative solutions
- Drive operational excellence projects to drive improvements in our network quality and reliability
- Write and execute high quality network changes that achieve its purpose without risking availability or stability of the services
- Create and update our network support standards and ensure compliance across various support and engineering teams
- Drive support automation efforts and institute best operational excellence practices on an ongoing basis
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable support solutions and processes
- Partner with our broader Technical Operations organization to reduce operational burden and improve service reliability
- Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast and smooth roll-out of new designs and products
- Work closely with our automation teams to assist in defining the tools we require to do our job well
- Work with a wide range of complex technologies including optical engineering
- Work closely with our internal customers to help alleviate their problems and ensure our network continues to meet their demands
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of delivering strong support solutions consistently. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
Dan Hughes email@example.com
Or connect via Linkedin: http://ie.linkedin.com/in/danhughes1234ie