ThousandEyes presented at Network Field Day 17. The company started out monitoring the Internet “as a network” and has extended into monitoring the customer’s digital experience.
- ThousandEyes is moving from visibility into a more useful representation of the customer experience
- Internet visibility needs new tools for the networks that you don’t own when you use SD-WAN, hybrid cloud, SaaS, etc.
- User agents reporting to ThousandEyes improve troubleshooting
- The on-premises agent, which can be deployed on user machines or a server, gathers data from your private network and uploads it to ThousandEyes, which combines private and public network into a single view
- Product future: a) Routing anomalies such as BGP hijacks or leaks b) DDOS detection c) app outages