Yes boys and girls, today we tell a story of clouds. The Packetpushers attack the subject of virtualization security. You’ll hear Greg Ferro and Ivan Pepelnjak* wax eloquent about unicorns and an amazing Larry Ellison imitation by Tony Bourke. We’re also joined by a new friend, awesome security researcher** and entrepreneur Taylor Banks, who manages to help us keep the snark level up to Packetpusher standards.
- NIST definition of the Cloud
- Ace Hackware (Where Mrs. Y. does all her holiday shopping.)
- A series of great posts by Ivan on virtualization and the cloud. (He also has some amazing webinars on the subject.)
- The “appliance” approach to Big Data and Private Cloud by Brad Hedlund
- Cloudwashing, according to Dilbert.
- Hypervisor Attacks: Bluepill and Cloudburst
- CVE-2008-4917 and CVE-2008-4916
- Cross-VM Side Channels and Their Use To Extract Private Keys
*Hopefully someday I’ll be able to spell Ivan’s name without looking it up.
**Hey, I don’t have to keep telling people that security researcher = hacker, right?