Cisco eXtensible Network Controller (XNC) can provide greater business agility, through a cost-effective, scalable, Software-Defined Network (SDN)-based approach to traffic monitoring.
- What is the XNC? What’s it for?
- Comparing XNC Controller to OpenDaylight. What’s the same? What’s a value-add?
- What are the northbound capabilities of XNC? Southbound?
- Let’s give some examples of what we can do with this controller.
- Apps: monitoring, transit selection, network slicing.
- What sort of network hardware is required to leverage XNC?
- What are some future use-cases? Clever things that might be possible with XNC & an SDN-capable network infrastructure on the scene?
Cisco ONE Overview (video): http://video.cisco.com/video/TechnologyTrends/ONE/TechnologyTrends/ONE/ (Video title: Advanced Flow Control)
Overview on Monitor Manager (Video): http://video.cisco.com/video/TechnologyTrends/ONE/TechnologyTrends/ONE/ (Video Title: Increased traffic visibility with Cisco XNC)