In this sponsored podcast, Cisco vPath 2.0 is part of the Nexus 1000v software switching architecture and it’s important part of the Nexus 1000V purpose and product architecture. We take a deep dive into it.
vPath is the name for the software pathway from the physical network adapter and through the VMware hypervisor kernel and onto the virtual servers. Cisco Nexus 1000V is growing from being a virtual switch, to a platform for a range of functions and services – today it’s the Virtual Security Gateway (VSG) and soon to expand to new functions. Also coming soon is support for the Hyper-V and
Another significant advance is the VXLAN termination support in NX1010 supervisor which provides a VXLAN gateway that is available today.
- Recap on Nexus 1000v and vPath 1.0
- Introduction vPath 2.0
- Use of chaining services such as the VSG in the vPath and their value.
- VXLAN to VLAN gateway features of Nexus 1000v
- Cisco Nexus 1000V home page – here
- Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches: Deploy Cisco vPath Service-Chaining Architecture – white paper (describes the vPath architecture and it’s positioning)
- Cisco Virtual Security Gateway – here
Thanks to Cisco Data Center for sponsoring this show and supporting the Packet Pushers. Stay tuned for more podcasts on these topics.