Gerald Combs is Wireshark. From the original project that started over 15 years ago as Ethereal, Gerald has been leading the development of the Open Source packet sniffer that has become the standard tool for all network engineers.
- Some background on Gerald and history of the project.
- What happened to Ethereal and some history about the naming of Wireshark ?
- What can you do with Wireshark for those people living under a rock who’ve never heard of it. What are your favorite features?
- What are some little known uses or features of Wireshark?
- New version coming out with new features.
- Wireshark Certification
- June 24th – 27th at UC Berkeley
- 5th annual meeting of Wireshark software gurus, newbies, and fanatics
Join the global Wireshark® software developer and user community for four days of knowledge transfer and networking.
This year, our growing event features two fabulous keynote presenters – Cliff Stoll and Steve Riley, more session choices, and a separate hands-on lab track to accommodate more participants than ever before.
Don’t forget to subscribe to Packet Pushers – Priority Queue http://feeds.feedburner.com/PacketPushersPriorityQueue
- Priority Queue is our new high intensity feed that contains shows that are too detailed for the weekly feed, or where we flood out several shows in a short period of time. This week we have published seven shows after attending Cisco Live 2012 in San Diego. .