The mostly nonsense title masks several discussions we have with many of the Networking Field Day 6 delegates around the following topics:
- Spirent’s new Avalanche NEXT testing platform for network transit and security platforms. What it is, what it does, and what we thought of the live demo we got.
- Our introduction to the ThousandEyes monitoring tool that gives enterprises & providers a joint view into performance of cloud-based & SaaS applications.
- Greg Ferro (hung over) picks a fight with Ivan Pepelnjak (not hung over) around the potential of bare-metal switching and the concept of switch operating systems, with Cumulus Networks right in the middle of the discussion.
- We hug it out around the issue of professional loneliness, making the point that the Internet brings us all a little closer together.
Follow Our Hosts & Guests On Teh Twitterz!
- Ethan Banks (co-host) @ecbanks
- Anthony Burke @pandom_
- Jason Edelman @jedelman8
- Greg Ferro (co-host) @etherealmind
- Chris Marget @chrismarget
- Bob McCouch @bobmccouch
- Matt Oswalt @mierdin
- Ivan Pepelnjak @ioshints
And Don’t Forget…
Please give NetworkFaculty.com a visit. They have a great training product at a reasonable price, and helped make this show possible.