Ethan Banks and Greg Ferro are joined on this week’s Packet Pushers podcast by Teren Bryson, Paul Stewart, and Michele Chubirka. This is a community show, meaning it’s just a bunch of engineers chatting about the industry and our experiences. No vendors looking over our shoulders at all.
Here’s what we yammer on about.
- VMware NSX and its potential impact to Cisco.
- Does NSX change the minds of SDN naysayers?
- The impact a platform like NSX will have on security models.
- What will the NSX licensing model look like?
- SDN and the specter of standards.
- Next-gen firewalls – are they the real deal for L4-L7 protection?
- Bypassing L7 inspections.
- The unreality of maintaining granular security policies.
- Device operating systems as completely consumable – wipe and replace.
- Have we given up on prevention in the security arena?
- The unreality of regular firewall policy audits and how SDN might improve that.
- Paul Stewart’s blog
- Teren Bryson’s blog
- Show 160 – Palo Alto Networks and Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Next-Gen Firewalls – Sponsored
- Show 161 – VMware NSX – Real World SDN – Sponsored