Using open source technology can be an integral part of a company’s digital transformation. When properly leveraged, it accelerates innovation and time to market, keeps costs in check, fosters a stronger sense of collaboration, and improves productivity, among several other benefits. So it should come as no surprise that nearly 80% of companies run part of their operations on open source software¹.
Riverbed is no stranger to the open source community. So, while a ton of IT pros know us for WAN optimization, performance management solutions, or enabling the hyper-converged edge, it’s what you might not know about our commitment to open source innovations that serves as the perfect backdrop for this podcast.
For instance, did you know:
- Riverbed is the corporate sponsor of Wireshark, the world’s most popular packet analyzer?
- About Riverbed’s open APIs that automate some of the performance analysis processes enabled by Wireshark and other solutions?
- That these same open source tools – along with Riverbed’s portfolio of commercial offerings – provide several valuable use cases for security teams?
Tune in to this episode as Riverbed’s Brad Wood, Charles Kaplan and Mike Garabedian explore these three “hidden gems” about Riverbed!
What else is discussed?
- A deep dive into the integrations between Wireshark and Riverbed’s own portfolio of performance management solutions
- How these tools help network teams quickly sift through massive amounts of data to identify specific packets of interest within minutes – not hours or days – when a performance issue or anomaly occurs
- Cost-effective ways to ensure full monitoring coverage across the distributed enterprise – from data centers to all remote locations
- Reasons to attend SharkFest 2016, THE annual educational conference for Wireshark users looking to hone their packet analysis skills
- An introduction to Riverbed® SteelScript™, a set of open APIs and developer tools that help automate the analysis and resolution of performance issues
- Getting started with SteelScript, including compelling use cases when doing performance analysis with Wireshark or other solutions
- How SteelScript’s user community drives product requirements and ongoing development
- Why security and performance analysis should be complementary practices, and how organizations can leverage common workflows across both disciplines for better operational efficiency
- How one financial company saved millions of dollars by using the same solution set for performance management and enterprise-wide security analysis
Learn more about SharkFest 2016.
¹Black Duck Software: “Future Of Open Source Survey” April, 2015