This week we hear from HP on their Network Certification program. Rebekah Harvey, Director of Product Management for HP Global Certification and Learning got in the hot seat and answered our questions on their program.
Many people are saying that HP Networking is likely to do well, and we may even see a resurgence in multi-vendor networks, so it timely to hear about your career options and choices.
Here are topics that we raised:
- What are the major HP certification tiers and tracks?
- What’s the best way to prepare for an HP certification exam?
- ASE / MASE – what the difference ?
- How does real-world experience and lab work factor into a candidate’s ability to pass an HP exam?
- How hard is it to make the jump to the HP command-line if you’re more of an IOS engineer? How widely do the HP command lines vary from product to product?
- What prerequisites are in place to be allowed to take an HP certification exams? How does this compare to Cisco prerequisites?
- Where do you go to take an HP exam, and what is the exam like (multiple choice, etc.)?
- If a candidate fails an exam, what is the retake policy?
- What is HP doing to preserve the integrity and reliability of their certifications?
- Do the HP certifications teams have an online community or other social media to engage candidates?
- How often does an HP certification holder need to recertify?
- What benefits does HP extend to certification holders?
Subscribe in iTunes and RSS
Media Player and MP3 Download
You can subscribe to the RSS feed or head over to the Packet Pushers website to download the MP3 file directly from the blog post for that episode. Also, subscription options for Zune, Boxee and a range of other podcatchers are listed on the website.