With the upcoming Ipocalypse it seems like time to start discussing IPv6 in detail. Although we previously covered IPv6 in Show 21 – IPv6 for the Win! Part 1 and Show 21 – IPv6 for the Win! Part 2 we think that IPv6 is big enough to have another shot.
Matters At Hand
Boche.Net – VMware and jumbo frames
IPv6 – It’s almost here
- public IPv6 allocation and how the RIRs will respond.
- Shivlu points out that 6RD is going to be the most popular choice.
- cablemap.info shows a global map withthe undersea cables around the globe.
- http://revk.www.me.uk/2011/01/expert.html Blog post suggesting that the ARIN is working up a media event for the last of the IPv4 addresses.
Egypt blocking off the Internet
- Observations, comments. Statements of the obvious.
- Skeeve points out that at recent Internet conference Egypt wants to be able to tap all the backbone cables.
- global prefix and it’s failure for carrier dependent deploymnt