The much anticipated show about Juniper QFabric has finally arrived. Although we had some recording problems, I’ve done the best I can to reduce the impact – apologies in advance for the poor experience.
Juniper QFabric is a different approach to building a switched network core – using what I call “expanded backplane” concept to create a One Layer data centre switch fabric that uses a different approach from what we are used to by extending the backplane from a single switch to a multi-switch design.
The topics that we looked into are :
- QFabric – The elevator pitch
- Where is the switching done ?
- Where is the routing done ?
- How does the Fabric scale ?
- How about the switch interconnect performance ? Where are the performance bottlenecks ?
- Linear pricing models.
- Handling FC/FCoE
- Would like the 10,000 foot view of the clos architecture in the interconnect switch that facilitates any-to-any.
- Security considerations.
Product information can be found at QFabric Marketing Launch page
Greg has a number of posts:
- Juniper QFabric – Hardware Elements, Interconnects, Fabric, Edge
- Juniper QFabric – Action Photos
- Controller Based Networks for Data Centres
and last, and the very least:
Subscribe in iTunes and RSS
Media Player and MP3 Download