In this show we discuss the the differences between OSPF & IS-IS routing protocols and the differences between them.
- protocol optimisations are both good and bad.
- How both protocols have poor metric generation
- OSPFv3 offers some hope for the future.
- QoS Based metrics in their forms – MPLS TE isn’t getting good adoption.
- Why do vendors put 10 cent CPUs in their equipment and make using SPF protocols so hard ?
Ivan – “There is the right thing to do, which is to choose IS-IS. Then there is the best thing to do which is to choose OSPF.”
Marko: “Then you can watch their Eyes reload”