Podcast hosts Ethan Banks & Greg Ferro have a good old-fashioned chinwag about things that are on their minds in this, the first of a two-part podcast. Part two should be published later during the week of 20-May-2012 as Show 104. Stay tuned!
What We Discuss
- Long-term goals for the Packet Pushers Podcast.
- How you can stay in touch with the show these days.
- How we usually record & produce the show.
- We talk about Cisco: issues of vendor trust, resellers, licensing, and overlapping product choices.
- The advantages of buying an integrated solution like vBlock.
- How companies gather information through your browser and use it to build a very personal profile about YOU.
- Ethan’s article on Cisco, trust, and brand inertia.
- Cookie Monster - a manager for the cookies created by the most usual Windows browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Mozilla and Opera (only basic support for this one).
- Ghostery - a browser tool available for Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and Internet Explorer. It scans the page for scripts, pixels, and other elements and notifies the user of the companies whose code is present on the page.