This week we cover news, views and gossip of the last few weeks. A lot of complaining and review of what’s changing in the network industry.
- VMware licensing backdown after customers complained- VMware isn’t as dominant as it may appear, and will you ever OWN anything ?
- Lack of networking features in vSphere 5
- Mrs Y gives us a rundown of Black Hat
- A mix of other random topics
- Cisco Nexus 2000 and working with FEX designs
Odds and ends of items mentioned in the show…
- Jeff Fry’s Blog on Future Nexus 7000 Line Cards (Sup2/ASA/NAM/WAN)
- The Register talks about the sales of Alcatel/Lucent Enterprise Business Unit
- The supposed OSPF vulnerability
- Symantec takes some potshots at Operation Shady Rat that was discovered by McAfee. We all agree that neither organisation is very credible – “virus protection” is synonymous with extortion and claming “he said/she said” is silly.