The prime Pushers Ethan Banks and Greg Ferro chat with HP Security’s Sanjay Raja in this sponsored podcast about the TippingPoint Secure Virtual Framework (SVF). Sanjay Raja is a Product Marketing Manager with the TippingPoint organization, and describes in detail how SVF integrates into your VMware environment.
What We Discuss
- Inspecting traffic sourced from VMs, when those VMs don’t always live in the same physical place.
- Keeping the same security policy applied to a virtualized environment as would have been applied to a physical environment.
- Topology discovery and integration with Virtual Management Center.
- Firewalling VMs from other VMs.
- Shunting traffic to an external IPS device via low-latency tunneling.
- New vShield APIs that TippingPoint is creating with VMware via an exclusive partnership.
- The challenge of virtualizing IPS functionality without consuming all the resources of the cluster being protected.
- How to integrate SVF into an environment that’s only partially virtualized.
- What “next generation IPS” really means, and how TippingPoint is a part of that space.
- Why you care about TippingPoint’s DV Labs vulnerability discovery team.
- Does SVF allow inside hosts and DMZ (read: “Internet-facing”) hosts to coexist on the same VMware cluster?
- What’s the redundancy/resiliency architecture for SVF?
- How is TippingPoint SVF integrated with the other HP Security business units like Fortify and ArcSight?
- Secure Virtual Framework
- Solid Reasons for Securing the Cloud (Sanjay Raja)
- How are you dealing with the new PCI standards covering virtualization and cloud security? (Sanjay Raja)