At the dawn of a new year it’s traditional to reflect on your goals, contemplate your dreams, and consider the ways you can improve yourself and the world around you.
That’s nice, but in a recent Packet Pushers Human Infrastructure survey, we decided to skip aspirations and think about 2017 regrets. This may not be inspirational, but it might be instructive.
We asked respondents to choose their greatest tech-related regret from 2017 from among a few options. Here’s the results.
- I wish I studied harder for that certification: 27.7%
- I wish I hadn’t made that configuration change: 4.3%
- I wish I’d said ‘No’ to that project: 17%
- I wish I invested in BitCoin: 19.1%
- I wish I hadn’t invested in BitCoin: 2.1%
- I regret nothing!!!: 29.8%
47 people responded. If you’d like to sign up for the newsletter so you can participate, click here. It’s free and we don’t give out your information.
And here’s to fewer regrets in 2018.