On September 16 & 17, Pushers Greg Ferro and Ethan Banks attended the GestaltIT.com Tech Field Day event in San Jose, California. This TFD bonus edition podcast is the second in a series of edited vendor presentations that PacketPushers.net is releasing over the next few weeks.
Notes on the audio: the presentations were recorded with a conference table microphone so as to pick up both the presenters and the delegates as there was back and forth dialog from time to time. In post-edit, noise filtering and leveling was applied to make the quality as listenable as possible. That said, the audio is not perfect. We know. Audio quality is important to us, too, and we promise we’re trying to make it as good as we can.
What You’ll Hear
Gary Oliverio, CTO and Founder of CradlePoint Technology, talks to the Tech Field Day delegation about CradlePoint’s 3G/4G routers and adapters. Gary’s bio reads as follows, “Gary brings more than twenty-five years of experience in high technology business including semiconductor, wireless, and embedded software. Prior to CradlePoint, Gary was the VP of Sales at Sandbridge Technologies from 2003 to 2004 and was the VP of Software Licensing at RidgeRun from 2001 to 2002. Prior to that, he was Director of Business Development at Cygnus Solutions/Red Hat from 1998 to 2001. In his early career, Gary held sales, sales management and business development positions in Motorola’s Semiconductor and Wireless Sectors. Gary graduated with an SBEE from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.”
With CradlePoint, Gary want to make mobile broadband technology a standard ingredient in the business world.
While listening, you might also hear members of the Tech Field Day delegation interact with Gary. As he speaks, Gary covers the following high-level topics:
- CradlePoint’s history and origin: where’d they come from, what’s their market space, and what’s “WiPipe” all about?
- What carrier owns the most commercially available 3G/4G spectrum today?
- Let’s talk through some of key CradlePoint products and design, including the design challenges inherent in cramming a whole lot of radios into the same appliance.
- Where can you buy CradlePoint gear? Sure, CradlePoint is enterprise-focused, but did you know Best Buy carries some of their consumer gear?
- Cool stuff for the future…like a 3G/4G 802.11n gateway access point that can VPN back to the office, while providing an enterprise SSID for the telecommiter and guest SSID for everyone else in the hotspot.
Follow the Packet Pushers on Twitter (@packetpushers | Greg @etherealmind | Dan @rovingengineer | Ethan @ecbanks), and send your queries & comments about the show to [email protected]. We want to hear from you!