Manchester, New Hampshire, USA – some relocation available.
Live & work in an income tax-free, safe & scenic location – big city services without the big metro hassle!
- Provides technical expertise and operations support, strategic and tactical planning, and recommendations to management for new technologies and network applications in response to business needs.
- Works with internal partners to evaluate and design solutions for business and customer requirements which will integrate with and enhance the network.
- Applies complex design principles and methodology to ensure cost-effective and optimal use of resources and technology without jeopardizing network integrity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate alternative technologies and architectures regarding infrastructure needs. Interface with management and vendors to develop and implement new solutions to meet business requirements.
- Design and manage the rollout of critical network infrastructures to support products and services, on both a strategic (long term) and tactical (immediate term) level.
- Perform analytical, technical, cost analysis and CAPEX development work in the planning, design, installation and on-going administration and management of core data, broadband and softswitch (VoIP) networks.
- Ensure that network infrastructure is fully documented and performing as required for internal and customer SLA guarantees and expectations by means of specific metrics and measurements.
- Provide technical expertise and support to Operations in the ongoing maintenance and surveillance of related networks and applications.
- Provide technical expertise to Product Development to develop new product strategies and enhance existing product sets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- CISCO – CCIE Service Provider Certification
- Core Network Services experience
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN support and engineering design for voice, data and video networks at Access, Aggregation, and Core network locations
- General Knowledge of best practices with Telephony Switch networks using switching interfaces such as GR-303 and TR-08. Also knowledge of SS7, AIN, LNP, etc.
- Thorough understanding of modern service provider TCP/IP data networks using standards and technologies including but not limited to: MPLS, IS-IS, OSPF, BGP4, STP, RSTP, 802.1q, 802.1ah, ADSL2+, VDSL2, FTTH
- Superior knowledge, skills and experience with Cisco routing hardware, software, protocols, softswitches, Session Border Controllers, firewalls, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of structured cabling systems, network facilities, electrical, UPS, etc.
- Ability to work alone as an individual contributor, as a technical lead and as a participant in a team environment.
- Router, Switch and IP configuration experience is required
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Network Engineering with five or more years directly related experience in a telecommunications service provider network. (Proven technical experience may be substituted for educational requirement.)
Contact Greg Corson, [email protected].