Welcome to Link Propagation, a Packet Pushers newsletter. Link Propagation is included in your free membership.
Each week we scour the InterWebs to find the most relevant practitioner blog posts, tech news, and product announcements. We drink from the fire hose so you can sip from a coffee cup.
A Note From Greg
Why Link Propagation moved to the Website:
1. The workflow from mail client to Web browser to follow the links is clunky. Having the Links in a Web page makes the back/forth simpler and more convenient.
2. We had requests to publish it on the Web so that people can refer to previous issues.
3. We wanted an archive for ourselves because we use some of these links for podcast prep.
4. We are building a membership platform and this drives a corpus of users for the initial launch.
5. Once you sign up, the cookie is set for six months or so, so you can click the link. This is reasonable trade-off for other goals.
6. We don’t abuse your inbox or privacy.
7. I believe that email is a notification tool, not a Web page or database. Right tool for the right job.
On to the links…
The Amazing Power of vSphere Tags is Right Here – vMiss.net
Crypto Zealots – The ISP Column
Responding to Readers: Questions on Microloops – Rule 11 reader
Architecting a vSphere Upgrade – Technicloud
The Impostor Phenomenon – Delanceyplace
Spooky action at a distance, how an AWS outage ate our load balancer – HostedGraphite
Cumulus Linux and NetQ – 802Tophat
Why Washington Is So Obsessed With China’s Huawei – Wall Street Journal
The Tyranny of Convenience – NY Times
Vendor & Industry Blogs & Announcements
Introducing Broadband ISP Cloud Agents – ThousandEyes
Network Refresh or Design: Get a Second Opinion! – NetCraftsmen
Meraki-Powered Managed WiFi for Small Businesses – Cisco Meraki Blog
How GitHub Successfully Mitigated a DDoS Attack – ThousandEyes
Palo Alto Networks Reports Fiscal Second Quarter 2018 Financial Results – Palo Alto Networks