Extreme Networks presented at Network Field Day 17 and focused on automation via StackStorm and Workflow Composer.
Extreme also discussed its ability to run a VM and applications on certain SLX models.
StackStorm Is Unique Because…
- A vendor is delivering this and supporting it
- A moderately competent network engineer will be able to do something useful with this
- The workflow helps you do something reliable
- Mean time to pay rise is drastically reduced
- Effort to achieve pay rise is reduced
Workflow Composer builds on Stackstorm to provide cross domain automation changes the way you operate the network.
It speeding up the operations lifecycle, reducing the time spent on deployment, troubleshooting, and implementation so you can focus on remediation. The vendor can help with these three; only you can handle the last part.
Check out the NFD videos to see Workflow Composer demos.
VM On A Switch
- Redirect a 10G interface to VM running on the switch
- Isolated from the control plane
Workflow Composer And VM Demo
- Using the VM on a switch
- Slack integration for ChatOps
- Capture packets on multiple switches
- Upload PCAP to cloushark and then link appears in the Slack