Field Engineering is an attempt to capture ad hoc conversations that occur in bars, lunch rooms, conferences and other industry events. Face-to-face, glass-to-glass and not much filtering. This first episode was recorded in a bar, for no particular reason other than to test out the idea.
This trial show was recorded with:
We discuss a wide range of topics including:
- The joys of bathrobes when working from home
- Where “mierdin” comes from
- The tribulations of travel when traveling from overseas
- Finding a life/work balance at Packet Pushers
- Matt turns the tables and starts to interview Greg about Packet Pushers and why we do some things
- Why hardware matters in networking, Intel hardware for example
- And the conversation starts to degrade about here as the beer takes effect
- Complexity and Simplification
- Much more
We would love to hear your feedback about this show. Depending on the response, we may record more of them in the future. Leave us comments so we can get back to you.