In episode 20, we’re back to discussing a specific practitioner’s journey, the changes she/he made, and the lessons learned along the way.
My guest for this episode is Jason Edelman, founder of Network to Code and co-author of the recently-released O’Reilly book titled Network Programmability and Automation. Jason also blogs at http://jedelman.com.
During this episode, Scott and Jason discuss questions such as:
- What prompted Jason’s transformation from a “traditional” network engineer to someone more focused on network automation?
- How does one start learning programming and development skills?
- What are some tools/languages for beginners?
- Are there “easier” or “safer” forms of network automation for folks who are just getting started?
- What trends are emerging in network automation?
Cisco DevNet – Cisco
Network to Code Instructor-Led training – Network To Code.com
Kirk Byers Free Python for Network Engineers – Email signup
Ansible – Ansible.com