On today’s episode, host Scott Lowe slides into the guest chair to take listeners through his own journey among the stacks.
Scott’s technology sojourns include virtualization, networking, storage, training and education, writing books and blogs, and working at major vendors and startups.
Our conversation includes:
- Scott’s tech background, including work as a system administrator, a certified Microsoft trainer, an IT manager, and more.
- Why he took his own advice to get out of his comfort zone by taking a job at the Kubernetes startup Heptio (since acquired by VMware).
- Whether he had to let go of concepts or ideas to move into the container world, or whether his existing knowledge transferred well.
- How cloud and open source software are impacting every IT discipline and what listeners can do to identify the skills and knowledge that will be most relevant to them.
- How Scott maintains a regular blog, podcast, and speaking schedule while also working full time.
Scott Lowe leaves VMware for Heptio – CTO Advisor (via YouTube)
Scott Lowe Author Page – Amazon