Today we look at a new infrastructure-as-code tool called Lyra. Lyra is an open-source engine for provisioning and managing cloud-native infrastructure.
Joining me to talk about Lyra is Eric Sorenson. Eric is a product manager at Puppet and a key Lyra contributor.
Eric and I discuss:
- Details of the Lyra project
- Why you’d use Lyra instead of some other infrastructure-as-code tool
- How Lyra reflects the evolution of open source
- Every infrastructure-as-code tool has to deal with state; how does Lyra do it?
- Lyra’s Kubernetes support
- Prerequisites to get started with Lyra
Check the Show Links below for resources mentioned during the show.
Netrounds software performs active testing and monitoring to ensure your business-critical applications and services are running as expected. Get real-time insights for testing, troubleshooting, and SLA monitoring. Find out more at netrounds.com/packetpushers.