Today’s Full Stack Journey podcast is all about striking out on your own and setting up as an independent.
That’s exactly what Ned Bellavance did back in April of this year.
In this episode, I chat with Ned about leaving a good position at a stable company as an IT consultant to become a full-time creator of educational IT content.
We touch on points including:
- How did he know it was time to strike out on his own?
- How an offer of peanut brittle led to unexpected opportunities and connections.
- What skills from previous roles have served him well in this new adventure?
- What new skills did he need to pick up?
- What were some of the trade-offs of the transition?
- Should listeners consider doing the same?
If you’ve ever thought about starting your own company and working for yourself, this discussion with Ned provides real-world insight into one person’s experience, along with some practical takeaways.
Ned’s 3-month update – Ned In The Cloud
Day Two Cloud – Ned’s Packet Pushers Podcast
The Self-Driven Child: The Science and Sense of Giving Your Kids More Control Over Their Lives (mentioned by Ned in the context of internal vs. external motivation)