Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome! Meine Damen und Herren, Mesdames et Messieurs, Ladies and Gentlemen. Introducing the latest installment in that grand epic known as Healthy Paranoia. Where the nerds are a little nerdier, and the evil bit is always set on your packets. In this episode, we help launch the very first Security Oktoberfest, aka BSides DC. Joining Mrs. Y, the official Healthy Paranoia nerd stalker, is Bill Fisher, BSides committee member and local security gun-for-hire.
Fun-filled topics include:
- History of BSides events
- Do we really need another security conference?*
- Builders vs. Breakers
- Violet Blue B-Sides San Francisco controversy
- Why the F5 key is broken on our keyboards
- How Greg and Ethan tricked me into producing a security podcast
- And for God’s sake would someone please tell me if it’s B-Sides, BSides, or B-sides?! I changed it about 48 times as I wrote this post.
The king of existential security angst,the ever curmudgeonly Jack Daniel
Shmoocon (The breaker of many infosec hearts and F5 keys)
NoVA Hackers, home of Shmoocon Epilogue
Usenix Security Conference (One of the best conferences you’ve probably never heard of.)
Charmsec (Home of infosec professionals in Baltimore)
*Obviously so, because the first round of tickets sold out in less than a day.