We’re going warp speed on Packet Pushers Heavy Networking: 400G Ethernet.
If you think 400G is the same thing as 100G, just faster, you’re sort of right…but also kind of wrong.
Joining us to explain the why, what, and when of 400G is Ray Nering, Product Manager; and Lane Wigley, Technical Marketing Engineer; both from Cisco Systems, our sponsor for today’s episode.
- Business and market trends driving 400G
- 400G use cases
- When 400G switches and routers will ship (the end of 2019)
- The role of standards bodies such as the IEEE and industry consortia
- Differences between QSFP-DD and OSFP optics
- The mechanical and electrical engineering challenges of 400G
- What 400G packaging will look like
- Next steps beyond 400G
High Capacity 400G Data Center Networking – Cisco Systems
Cisco Announces 400GbE Switches in Nexus 3400 And 9000 Families – Packet Pushers