Harry Quackenboss is long time veteran of infrastructure technology. In networking he was a VP of Sales of Crescendo for FDDI networking (to the desktop) which was acquired by Cisco. He later founded Woven Systems as a high speed Ethernet company of the time and more lately CEO of cPlane, a SDN company now relaunched as CPLANE NETWORKS, . Today, Harry is investor and advisor to a number of companies in the infrastructure space.
Harry talks with Greg about the state of networking based on his experiences.
Get over 65 hours of free technical training from ITProTV. ITProTV offers online instruction in CompTIA, Cisco, VMWare, Microsoft and more. You can stream courses live and on demand on your favorite device. Sign up for a free membership at itpro.tv/packet-pushers and try it with no obligation.
ThousandEyes gives you performance visibility from every user to every app over any network, both internal and external, so you can migrate to the cloud, troubleshoot faster and deliver exceptional user experiences. Sign up for a free account at thousandeyes.com/packetpushers and choose a free ThousandEyes t-shirt.
- Ethernet, FDDI and did we make the right choice and why ?
- Bundling and unbundling of products
- The invisible cost of product evangelisation.
- Should customers be smarter about demanding free sales effort ?
- Can the WAN / LAN / Campus converge into a single unit of operation ?
- Why SDWAN is taking off ? Permission-less connectivity, Internet is good enough.
- Open Source isn’t free and the cost of software isn’t directly less than hardware.
- The emergence of co-processors for off-load and what that might mean for NFV
- Service Function Chaining or Microsegmentationsomewhat
You can find Harry on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/harryquackenboss/