On today’s Heavy Networking we look at one organization’s journey to SDN, including pitfalls, triumphs, and lessons learned.
My guest is Sal Rannazzisi, principal network architect at Merck, a global pharmaceuticals company.
Sal discusses how the company experimented with early SDN products, how they tested them in the lab, and how they’re approaching SDN today. He also offers details on the vendors he’s using.
- The organization’s journey to SDN
- Building internal standards and processes
- Dealing with legacy equipment
- Whether to recruit or train for engineering talent
- Managing vendor relations
- Areas of concern