Today on Heavy Networking our subject is: Stop treating your wide area network like a network.
What does that mean? Is it a Zen koan? If we meditate on the inherent contradictions in that sentence, will we achieve enlightenment?
Maybe not. But maybe we will learn to let go of old notions about how to design and run a WAN as more and more of our applications and infrastructure vanish into the cloud.
Open Systems is our sponsor for today’s episode and our Zen master for this discussion is Silvan Tschopp, head of solutions architecture at Open Systems.
- What Open Systems means by not treating the network like a network
- How SaaS and public cloud affect WAN design
- Using SD-WAN to get around traditional WAN limitations
- Benefits of integrating SD-WAN and security controls
- Potential tradeoffs that come with weighing down SD-WAN with features