In this episode Ed and Tom discuss IPv6 and DNS with Cricket Liu. Cricket is the EVP Engineering, Chief DNS Architect, and a Senior Fellow at Infoblox.
In other words, he knows just a wee bit about DNS (and IPv6, too)! You can follow Cricket on Twitter here.
Topics discussed include:
- How did the DNS record types for IPv6 come about?
- How DNS64 breaks DNSSEC (and when that matters)
- Cricket’s advice for those who have yet to adopt IPv6
- The future of DNS, including for DKIM, SPF, and TLSA/CAA, oh my!
- Why you should dual-stack your DNS name servers