Unfortunately, Tom ran out of time before he could get through his whole presentation. On today’s episode, Tom gets another crack at it.
Guests Ethan Banks and Drew Conry-Murray join the show to ask follow-up questions and dig into address planning details including:
- IPv6 nibble boundaries and why they’re so useful for subnetting
- How to get over an IPv4 mindset when planning for v6
- Key differences between Provider Independent (PI) and Provider Assigned (PA) address space
- Recommendations for v6 subnetting tools
- How enterprise tools for DNS, DHCP, and IPAM are–and aren’t–ready for IPv6
Thanks for listening!
IPv6 Address Planning Survival Guide – YouTube
IPv6 Address Planning: Designing an Address Plan for the Future – O’Reilly Media
ipv6gen tool – GitHub
IPv6 Buzz 014: We Answer Listener Questions – Packet Pushers
Computer Networking Problems And Solutions – Russ White & Ethan Banks