Ed, Scott, and Tom chat with Enno Rey, enterprise IT network and security expert and IPv6 evangelist.
Enno shares key approaches for getting IPv6 into the enterprise, including looking for quick wins and being liberal and flexible as you deploy.
He also shares insights and highlights from his recent presentation on enterprise IPv6 at RIPE 78.
Enno is the founder of the consultancy ENRW (which also publishes outstanding IPv6 technical content and test results). He’s also a blogger and frequent conference presenter.
Topic discussed include:
- Three things that enterprises need to focus on to effectively adopt IPv6
- Is IPv6 easier or harder to adopt in 2019 as compared with 3-5 years ago?
- Why 2019 might (or might not) be the year of IPv6-only in the enterprise
- The cultural and psychological barriers to adopting IPv6 in the enterprise
- How IPv6 security differs from IPv4
Thanks for listening!
Insinuator – Enno’s blog:
ERNW – Enno’s Company:
Psychology of IPv6 – Veronika McKillop via YouTube
Report on IPv6: Get ready for a mixed Internet world – Brenden Kuerbis and Milton Mueller, Internet Governance Project