In this episode of the IPv6 Buzz podcast, hosts Ed, Scott, and Tom discuss IPv6 and container networking with Shannon McFarland.
Shannon is a 19-year Cisco veteran and Distinguished Engineer as well as a Cisco Press IPv6 author. Shannon is also highly active in the container and orchestration development community.
Topics discussed include:
- The state of support for IPv6 in the containers ecosystem
- How container networking contrast with traditional networks
- How IPv6 is configured in containers and container environments
- How address management and IPAM is handled in container/orchestration environments
- Why service-mesh solutions like Istio and Envoy are important (and where IPv6 fits)
Thanks for listening!
Heavy Networking 449: Web Application Firewall Fundamentals – Packet Pushers