In this IPv6 Buzz podcast episode, Ed and Scott discuss address planning with Tim Rooney. Tim is the Director of Product Management and a 15-year veteran at DDI vendor BT Diamond IP.
Topics discussed include:
- What stumps Tim’s customers when it comes to IPv6 and address planning
- How policies impact your IPv6 address plan (and vice versa)
- How keeping track of networks instead of host addresses makes IPv6 address planning easier
- What level of the IPv6 address plan is best correlated to existing IPv4 assignments?
- Is it ever OK to encode an IPv4 address into an IPv6 address?
IPAM Worldwide – Tim Rooney’s Web site
IPv6 Deployment and Management – Wiley