In this episode, Ed and Scott discuss overcoming the three major objections to IPv6 adoption with Dr. David Holder, a veteran IPv6 expert.
Dr. Holder is a director at Erion LTD, where he develops IPv6 training.
He’s also a frequent presenter at technical conferences such as UKNOF and the North American IPv6 Task Force Summit.
Topics discussed include:
- The three primary objections (or excuses!) Dr. Holder hears about adopting IPv6
- How to overcome those objections
- How the business case for IPv6 differs from the technical case
- The impact of CGN (Carrier-Grade NAT) on businesses
- IPv6 security compared with IPv4 NAT
- Why Provider Independent (PI) IPv6 space is appropriate for organizations that only have Provider Assigned (PA) IPv4 space today
- How networks can enable IPv6 today with little cost or effort
- Will “IPv6 re-education camps” be necessary?
UKNOF42 – An Overview of IPv6 Security – YouTube
Blockers to IPv6 Adoption – RIPE
CGN a Driver for IPv6 Adoption – NAv6TF Meeting 2017