In this episode, Tom, Scott, and Ed talk about Ed’s recent IPv6 host OS training class and what listeners need to know about supporting IPv6 at the host OS level.
Topics discussed include:
- What a lab for IPv6 training should include
- The most surprising thing students encounter when learning about IPv6 at the host OS level
- Why it’s critical to learn and understand the different IPv6 address types
- A key operating system difference in support for DHCPv6
- What RDNSS is and why it’s a critical feature for IPv6 in host operating systems
Thanks for listening!
Comparison of IPv6 Support in Operating Systems – Wikipedia
Rapidly Deploying IPv6 on AWS – A Cloud Guru