Take a Network Break! Grab a coffee, a doughnut and then join us for an analysis of the latest IT news, vendor moves and new product announcements. We’ll separate the signal from the noise–or at least make some noise of our own.
Consolidation in the Silicon Makers
What does this mean for Noviflow, Centex, Cavium, EZChip and many others ?
Avago To Buy Broadcom for $37 Billion
- The deal, if consummated, would be the biggest acquisition ever for the $160 billion market cap Intel — and help it move from PC sales into faster-growing sectors like Altera’s data center programmable chips.
Yet as chip firms seek to capitalize on this opportunity, many are realizing they need to manufacture all of the components, not just some, and gain a new set of skills to sell to a broader group of customers. The classic information technology business is not enough—now firms must strike deals with distributors and establish contacts at automotive companies, appliance makers, and retail chains. – Stacey Higginbotham
EMC buys Virtustream
- Joined the “Federation Family” – which sounds very ominous.
- Chad Sakac: The growth in the public cloud is why it’s so important to us strategically to a) embrace all the public clouds using things like Cloud Foundry, and enabling our customers to use AWS Direct Connect, Azure Express Route to leverage their elasticity coupled with the things EMC provides; b) provide alternative public clouds that are incredibly well mated with people’s on premises private clouds
HP buys NFV company
Fortinet To Buy Meru Networks
Fortinet has a history of buying smaller, distressed companies and bringing them to market.
Palo Alto Buys CirroSecure
CirroSecure is the best non-disruptive compliance and risk analysis platform for your cloud based services.
From the press release:
The newest technology addition to the Palo Alto Networks portfolio – acquired from CirroSecure – offers a unique approach to securing these sanctioned SaaS applications. This functionality includes:
* Complete visibility across all user, folder and file activity; providing detailed analysis that helps you transition from a position of speculation to one of knowing exactly what’s happening at any given point in time.
* Deep analytics into day-to-day usage that allows you to quickly determine if there are any DLP or compliance-related policy violations.
* Granular, context-aware policy control that provides you with the ability to drive real-time enforcement and quarantine of users and data as soon as a violation occurs.
Palo Alto Networks plans to use CirroSecure’s resources to expand functionality on is own enterprise security platform for better guarding popular SaaS collaboration products from the likes of Salesforce.com, Google Drive, Box and Dropbox, among others.
Linux On Network Switches Makes Sense For Your Career
PQ 50 – Network Service Header Deep Dive & Use Cases
This podcast is sponsored by Open Networking Summit (ONS).
Open Networking Summit is the pioneering SDN and NFV conference designed to foster a productive dialogue around SDN and NFV by bringing together the networking ecosystem of end-users, engineers, business leaders and researchers to discuss the possibilities and shape the future of the networking industry.
Open Networking Summit 2015 will be held June 14-18 in Silicon Valley, California and features an expanded program of pragmatic SDN information. Focus of this year’s conference is on education, sharing of experiences and best practices for the future.
ONS2015 program features 3 Keynotes, 3 Panels, 3 Plenaries and 9 tracks. Keeping with the ‘Open Networking’ theme, ONS2015 will emphasize all Open Networking projects: OpenDaylight, OPNFV and Open Network Operating System (ONOS) via talks, developer tracks and tutorials for each. Additionally speakers from leading incumbent and startup vendors will share their innovations and customer experiences.
For more information visit www.OpenNetSummit.org. Use discount code PACKETPUSHERS to get a 15% discount on registration.
Sign up for the Human Infrasrtucture newsletter at Human Infrastructure Magazine Newsletter – EtherealMind