On today’s episode of The Next Level we talk about three essential ingredients for workplace performance, and a framework to measure that performance.
Joining us today is Dan Gold, an experienced thought leader in human resource management. Dan outlines three ingredients for maximizing performance:
- Knowledge, Skills, and Ability (owned by the employee)
- Desire to perform (0wned by the employee)
- Environment (owned by the employer)
Of course, performance is one thing. You also have to be able to measure that performance. Dan shares his tips for measurement, including:
- Setting expectations
- Seeing people doing the job the way they are expected to
- Giving feedback on what you’ve observed
If you’d like to reach Dan directly to get more insights, he’s at [email protected]
Our Sanity Check segment tackles management questions from real engineers and IT pros. If you’d like to ask a question for an upcoming segment, send an email to [email protected] or check out our survey.