Today’s Priority Queue was recorded live in August 2018 at the Future:Net conference at VMworld 2018.
The Packet Pushers and their guests discuss:
- Whether blockchain has legitimate enterprise uses
- Key differences between multi-cloud and hybrid cloud deployments
- The difficulty of day-2 operations in cloud deployments
- The bifurcation of networking into the underlay and overlay
- What needs to happen to bring intent-based networking from vision to reality
- VMware’s notion of the self-driving data center
- Why security needs to be a feature, not a product
This episode peeks at the promises of new and emerging ideas in networking, but with a practical eye for the realities of real-world operations, and a bit of push-back on grand visions.