Jeremy Cioara, IT trainer, uber-nerd, and all-around Cisco geek jacks into a Skype conference room with Packet Pushers Ethan Banks and Greg Ferro to discuss the Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) program. Scott McDermott, newly minted CCNP, also joins in the conversation to share his studying and testing experiences. We don’t just yammer on about the tests, though. We also talk about the practical side of being certified, and how you can move ahead in your networking career using certification as a vehicle.
What We Discuss
- Why get certified anyway? What’s the big deal?
- Who is the CCNP program aimed at?
- Why do most people do route/switch tracks before other tracks like voice or security?
- Greg has no use for VoIP. No, really. He doesn’t.
- What’s the best order to take the CCNP route/switch exams in?
- How do you turn a certification into a better job situation?
- 9-to-5-ers vs. people who love networking: which are you?
- Cisco’s CCNP certification program landing page.
- Cisco CCNP Routing & Switching syllabus.
- CBTNuggets.com – streaming IT training on computers and mobile devices.
- Jeremy Cioara blogs sporadically at tekcert.com.
- Scott McDermott blogs at mostlynetworks.com.