In this podcast we wanted to talk more about the ideas around Cisco UCS and FEX networking. Greg is doing a lot of UCS design, Tony is studying for a his CCIE DC (combined with developing some UCS courseware) and Ethan is planning to install some Cisco UCS. So it seemed like a opportunity for all of us to talk about how it works and check that we understand stuff. It’s kind of like a study session where we talk about the concepts as we understand them.
- Why are there so many virtual networking standards and why is this confusing.
- Networking isn’t broken but it needs to better.
- What is the impact of VMware buying Nicira.
- Cisco UCS Networking
- Cisco UCS Network adapters
- the whole Cisco UCS network edge