Regular hosts Greg Ferro & Ethan Banks are joined by Brandon Carroll, Josh O’Brien, and Tom Hollingsworth in Packet Pushers Weekly Show 139. We translate all the SDN hype into a more practical conversation about what network engineers should be doing to update their skills. This is a mostly raw podcast with little editing – just a bunch of people speaking their minds.
What We Discuss
- Which vendors are the ones to watch.
- Who the “safe bet” is.
- What new technologies are worth paying attention to.
- Why you can’t afford to put your head in the sand.
- How to map new products to actual network use cases.
- When this is all going to matter.
We recorded in a mostly quiet foyer on the 5th floor of the Radisson in San Jose, as we were gathered together for Network Field Day 5. However, there is a bit of noise from the nearby elevator and housekeeping crew doing their appointed rounds. Sorry about that…we edited out what we could.