Cisco Announces Products, Ships Them 6 to 12 months Later. Why do you care ?
Catalyst 6800 finally shipped. Announced August. Why is this a standard practice ?
NEC ProgrammableFlow goes to Version 5
- It’s big enough to handle OpenFlow everywhere.
- SDN continues to scale,
- NEC focussing on Standards
- HP Networks and their standards focus.
Internet of Things and a House Full of Devices
If you have a houseful of “things” that connect to the network, what happens to the network ? WiFi ?
CES, IOT and connectivity between all the different devices.
NSA Exploits of Firewalls etc.
The vendors we trust to produce security devices have been comprehensively pwned by NSA by creating BIOS updates that provide persistent access. Even through version updates.
Oracle buys Corent for Software Defined WAN
Is Oracle becoming a networking company or are they just a database company.
Desktops sales are down 8% over the year, what does this mean for Campus and Wireless LANs ? More tablets, more smartphones but fewer laptops and probably not many desktops.
- Gartner Says Worldwide PC Shipments Declined 6.9 Percent in Fourth Quarter of 2013
- Do You Really Need Gigabit To The Desktop? Maybe. Maybe Not