Network aficionados rejoice! Vectra Networks has come to secure your mushy middles. In a cyber threat landscape where attackers are increasingly one step ahead, organizations find the stakes for data loss high, yet face a limited variety of resources to help secure their sensitive data. Perimeter defenses such as firewalls, IPSs and sandboxes provide a tough challenge to transgressors, but the increasing ability of attackers to bypass these defense systems leaves one question – what can be done about attacks that have already reached a network’s soft interior? No one likes a punch to the gut.
Vectra fills the security gap in the network’s mushy middle and detects any phase of ongoing attacks on any operating system, application or device. Vectra achieves this through a combination of data science and machine learning that automates detections.
Vectra monitors network traffic patterns in all directions – user to Internet, user to internal app and user to user. Anomalies detected in traffic patterns are correlated to hosts that have been compromised, the risk is prioritized by threat and certainty, and Vectra updates reports as the attack happens. This enables organizations to take swift, decisive action that will prevent the advance of an attack and minimize loss.
In this show you’ll hear all about:
- The gap in perimeter security that leaves organizations vulnerable to attack and how Vectra addresses it. Firewalls, IPSs and sandboxes were designed to meet specific requirements that make for inflexible solutions. This is a weakness attackers exploit.
- Where Vectra fits in the network – a long story short, it’s in the mushy middle – so what your perimeter defenses don’t catch, Vectra can.
- The science behind Vectra’s proprietary machine learning and attack detection software. We’ll discuss the breadth of their machine learning, how Vectra makes detections and the intelligence behind their risk and certainty scoring.
- The ease of installation, automation of processes, and consumer-grade ease-of-use of Vectra’s user interface. We know that IT can’t afford to waste time fumbling over complex technology, and Vectra doesn’t want you to either.
- The “big question” – does Vectra replace or augment existing solutions? We’ll discuss the attack kill-chain and explain where perimeter security and Vectra solutions fit.
- Download PowerPoint slide to accompany the podcast – http://info.vectranetworks.com/packet-pushers-20140804-slides
- Download a Cyber Security Detections Report – http://info.vectranetworks.com/packet-pushers-wp-register
- Free Cyber Risk Assessment – http://info.vectranetworks.com/cyber-security-risk-assessment